Search This Document
Configure the BlackBerry MDS Connection Service to authenticate BlackBerry devices to the RSA Authentication Manager
Configure the BlackBerry MDS Connection Service to authenticate to the content servers in your organization's environment on behalf of BlackBerry devices.
When you turn on RSA® authentication, users must type their login information on their BlackBerry® devices before they can access intranet or Internet content. After a user is authenticated, if proxy authentication is configured, the BlackBerry device prompts the user to authenticate to the proxy server.
- In the BlackBerry Manager, in the left pane, click a BlackBerry MDS Connection Service.
- On the Connection Service tab, click Edit Properties.
- In the left pane, click RSA Authentication.
- Click Enable RSA Authorization Support.
- In the drop-down list, click True.
- To specify how long an authenticated BlackBerry device can remain connected to your organization's network while the user is active, double-click RSA Authentication Timeout. Type a number, in minutes. By default, the authenticated connection persists for 24 hours.
- To specify how long a BlackBerry device can remain connected to your organization's network while the user is inactive, double-click RSA Inactivity Timeout. Type a number, in minutes. By default, an authenticated connection persists for 60 minutes of user inactivity on the BlackBerry device.
- Click OK.