Search This Document
Change the maximum file size of attachments that users can download
Certain versions of the BlackBerry® Device Software enable users to download attachments in their native formats (for example, .txt for a text file) to their BlackBerry devices. Users can open and make changes to the downloaded files using an appropriate third-party application on their BlackBerry devices. Depending on the file format, a user might be able to open the file using the media application on the BlackBerry device.
The default maximum file size of attachments that users can download to their BlackBerry devices is 3072 KB (3 MB).
- In the BlackBerry Manager, in the left pane, click a BlackBerry® Enterprise Server.
- On the Server Configuration tab, click Edit Properties.
- In the left pane, click Messaging.
- Click Maximum Download Attachment Size.
- Type a number, in KB, between 0 and 10240 (10 MB). If you type 0, users cannot download attachments in a native format to their BlackBerry devices.
- Click OK.