Search This Document
Change the maximum dimensions for image attachments that users can view
You can control the dimensions of image attachments that users can view on their BlackBerry® devices. By default, the BlackBerry Attachment Service sets a maximum width of 5000 pixels and a maximum height of 4000 pixels.
- On the computer that hosts the BlackBerry Attachment Service, on the Start menu, click Run.
- Type regedit.
- Perform one of the following actions:
- If you are running a 32-bit version of Windows®, navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Research In Motion\BBAttachEngine\Distillers\LoadImageDistiller.
- If you are running a 64-bit version of Windows, navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\WOW6432Node\Research In Motion\BBAttachEngine\Distillers\LoadImageDistiller.
- Change the MaxWidth DWORD value to the maximum width, in pixels, that you want to permit.
- Change the MaxHeight DWORD value to the maximum height, in pixels, that you want to permit.
- In the Microsoft® Windows® Services, restart the BlackBerry Attachment Service.