Upgrading the BlackBerry Enterprise Server by using a new computer
The cutover upgrade process installs the BlackBerry® Enterprise Server on a new computer and moves user accounts and server information from the old BlackBerry Enterprise Server to the new one.
- You can move user accounts back to the old BlackBerry Enterprise Server if you encounter any problems with the new one.
- You can use new server hardware and start with a clean environment.
- Users experience minimal service interruptions because user accounts remain active on the old BlackBerry Enterprise Server until you start the new one.
- You require one extra computer.
- If you upgrade from a version earlier than BlackBerry Enterprise Server Version 4.0, the BlackBerry Enterprise Server takes longer to start than it did previously because it sends new service books to all of the BlackBerry
devices that are capable of wireless data synchronization.
This upgrade process uses the same SRP credentials on both the old and the new BlackBerry Enterprise Server
When you use the cutover process, the following events occur:
- BlackBerry devices that are running BlackBerry®
Device Software Version 4.0 or later receive new service books, and wireless data synchronization occurs.
- All BlackBerry
devices receive new IT policies.
Was this information helpful? Send us your comments.