Upgrading the BlackBerry Enterprise Server
software by overwriting the existing version
The in-place upgrade process upgrades the BlackBerry® Enterprise Server
software by replacing the existing version of the software.
- You do not require additional computers to perform this upgrade.
- When the upgrade process completes, user accounts are active, and no additional administrative action is required.
- You cannot remove the BlackBerry Enterprise Server
and return to the earlier version of the software automatically.
- You must turn off the BlackBerry Enterprise Server
during the upgrade process, so the interruption to services for BlackBerry
devices lasts as long as it takes the upgrade process to complete.
When you use the in-place upgrade process, the following events occur:
- BlackBerry devices that are running BlackBerry®
Device Software Version 4.0 or later receive new service books, and wireless data synchronization occurs.
- All BlackBerry
devices receive new IT policies.
Was this information helpful? Send us your comments.