Search This Document
Upgrade the BlackBerry Device Software at a central computer
Before you begin:
- Verify that the central computer can access the network drive.
- To decrease bandwidth over your organization's LAN, verify that the network drive is in close proximity to the central computer.
- Verify that BlackBerry® Manager is installed on the central computer.
- Connect the BlackBerry device to the central computer that hosts the BlackBerry Manager.
- In the BlackBerry Manager, in the left pane, click Ports.
- On the Ports tab, click the BlackBerry device that you want to upgrade the BlackBerry® Device Software for.
- Perform one of the following actions:
- To upgrade the BlackBerry Device Software automatically, click Load Handheld.
- To upgrade the BlackBerry Device Software using the application loader tool, click Load Handheld (Interactive).
- Click a software configuration.
- Click OK.
- If you are using the application loader tool, complete the instructions on the screen.
Next topic: Verify that the BlackBerry Device Software upgrade at a central computer completed successfully
Previous topic: Assign the software configuration to a user