Search This Document
Install the BlackBerry Device Software on the network drive
If you want to automate the BlackBerry® Device Software upgrade process and the provisioning process, you can install the application loader tool. The application loader tool installs as a component of both BlackBerry Device Software Version 4.1 and BlackBerry® Desktop Software Version 4.1.
Before you begin: Your service provider can provide you with the BlackBerry Device Software installation media.
- Save the BlackBerry Device Software installation file to the network drive.
- On the network drive, double-click the .exe file.
- Complete the installation process.
- Verify that the files are located at <drive>:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files.
- Save the BlackBerry Device Software installation file to other regional network drives and install it, if applicable, in your environment.
Previous topic: Configure a network drive