Permitting users to upgrade the BlackBerry Device Software
at their computers
If you want users to upgrade the BlackBerry®
at their computers, you can install the BlackBerry Device Software
and the application loader tool on a network drive.
- You can automate the process for upgrading the BlackBerry Device Software
so that users do not have to complete any upgrade tasks for BlackBerry
devices that use a USB connection.
- You can upgrade BlackBerry
- You cannot manage BlackBerry Device Software upgrades using software configurations.
- You cannot make users upgrade the BlackBerry Device Software.
- This upgrade process increases network traffic to the network drive.
This upgrade process only applies if users have one of the following desktop software versions:
Version 3.6 or later
- BlackBerry® Handheld Manager Version 3.6 or later
After the upgrade process completes, the application loader tool
connects to the messaging server to provision the BlackBerry
Was this information helpful? Send us your comments.