After an upgrade, the BlackBerry® Enterprise Server might send new service books to every BlackBerry device. If it sends all the new service books at the same time, the BlackBerry Enterprise Server startup time might be affected. You can improve the startup performance of the BlackBerry Enterprise Server by configuring how many service books the BlackBerry Enterprise Server sends each hour.
- On the computer that hosts an upgraded BlackBerry Policy Service, open the Registry Editor.
- Perform one of the following actions:
- If you are running a 32-bit version of Windows®, navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Research In Motion\BlackBerry Enterprise Server\IT Admin Server.
- If you are running a 64-bit version of Windows, navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\WOW6432Node\Research In Motion\BlackBerry Enterprise Server\IT Admin Server.
- Create the following DWORD values: