Search This Document
Create the BlackBerry Device Software upgrade instructions for BlackBerry device users
Perform this task so that your users can upgrade the BlackBerry® Device Software.
- Create an email message that includes the location of the application loader tool and specifies the following loading commands based on the type of connection that the BlackBerry device uses:
- USB: \\<shared computer name>\Research In Motion\Apploader\loader.exe /defaultUSB /forceload
- Serial: \\<shared computer name>\Research In Motion\Apploader\loader.exe
- Consider providing the following instructions in the email message:
- Connect your BlackBerry device to your computer.
- Do not disconnect your BlackBerry device from your computer until the upgrade process completes.
- If prompted, type your BlackBerry device password. Click Next.
- If your BlackBerry device uses a serial connection, complete the instructions on the screen.
Previous topic: Synchronizing wireless data automatically