Search This Document
Add email addresses, PINs, phone numbers that support SMS text messages, and IP addresses for SNMP trap messages to the BlackBerry® Monitoring Service console so that you can create a list of addresses that you can use to create contacts.
- In the BlackBerry Monitoring Service console, on the Configuration menu, expand Notifications.
- Click Manage contacts.
- Click Create new contact.
- In the Name field, type the name of the contact.
- To specify the alarm severities that the BlackBerry Monitoring Service notifies the contact about, in the Severity levels section, select the critical, warning, or error check boxes.
- To send a notification message to the contact when a threshold goes into a pass state, select the Notify on pass check box.
- To send a notification message to the contact when the BlackBerry Monitoring Service receives an SNMP trap message, select the Notify on event check box.
- To add addresses to the contact, in the Available addresses list, select the addresses and click Add.
- To specify the BlackBerry® Enterprise Server components that have thresholds that you want to notify the contact about, perform the following actions:
- Click Save.