If you update the BlackBerry® Device Software for users or if you want users to update the BlackBerry Device Software, you or the users can update the BlackBerry Device Software at a central computer that can access the BlackBerry Administration Service.
- You can monitor the software update process at the central computer.
- You can use software configurations and application control policies to control when the software updates occur and to which users.
- You can update multiple BlackBerry devices simultaneously.
- You can update BlackBerry devices for users that do not have BlackBerry® Desktop Manager installed on their computers.
- You can share a single software location among multiple central computers.