Search This Document
- .alx file
- A .alx file is the application descriptor that provides information about a BlackBerry Java® Application and the location of the application's .cod files to a BlackBerry device.
- .cod file
- A .cod file contains compiled and packaged application code that a BlackBerry device uses to run a BlackBerry Java® Application.
- A local area network (LAN) is a computer network shared by a group of computers in a small area, such as an office building. Any computer in this network can communicate with another computer that is part of the same network.
- The Low Memory Manager (LMM) is an application on the BlackBerry device that deletes medium-priority items, such as old email messages and out-of-date calendar entries, when the amount of available flash memory on the BlackBerry device is less than 400 KB.
- messaging server
- A messaging server sends and processes messages and provides collaboration services, such as updating and communicating calendar and address book information.
- Secure Multipurpose Internet Mail Extensions