Search This Document
Create the BlackBerry Device Software update instructions for users that use the application loader tool
You can create update instructions for BlackBerry® device users so that they can update the BlackBerry® Device Software when they use the BlackBerry® Device Manager and application loader tool.
- Create an email message that specifies the following loading commands based on the type of connection that a BlackBerry device uses:
- Consider providing the following instructions in the email message:
- Connect your BlackBerry device to your computer.
- Do not disconnect your BlackBerry device from your computer until the update process completes.
- If prompted, type the BlackBerry device password. Click Next.
- If the BlackBerry device uses a serial connection, complete the instructions on the screen.
- If your organization's environment includes the BlackBerry® Enterprise Server for Microsoft® Exchange or BlackBerry® Enterprise Server for IBM® Lotus® Domino®, if prompted, select the Provision the device during the loading process option. Select the messaging server that the user account is located on.
- If your organization's environment includes the BlackBerry® Enterprise Server for Novell® GroupWise®, if prompted, select the Do not provision the device during the loading process option.
- If your organization's environment includes the BlackBerry Enterprise Server for Novell GroupWise, after the update process completes, activate your BlackBerry device over the wireless network.
- Send the email message.