Search This Document
Create the BlackBerry Device Software update instructions for users that use the BlackBerry Web Desktop Manager
You can create update instructions for BlackBerry® device users so that they can update the BlackBerry® Device Software when they use the BlackBerry® Web Desktop Manager.
Before you begin:
- If you are updating the BlackBerry® Device Software on BlackBerry devices to version 5.0 or later, verify that the BlackBerry devices are registered with the wireless service provider's network and that data service is provisioned on the BlackBerry devices.
- Provide users with their login information for the BlackBerry Web Desktop Manager.
- Create an email message that specifies the web address for the BlackBerry Web Desktop Manager UI.
- Consider providing the following instructions in the email message:
- Connect your BlackBerry device to your computer.
- Do not disconnect the BlackBerry device from the computer until the update process completes.
- If prompted, type your BlackBerry device password. Click Next.
- If the BlackBerry device uses a serial connection, complete the instructions on the screen.
- If your organization's environment includes the BlackBerry® Enterprise Server for Microsoft® Exchange or BlackBerry® Enterprise Server for IBM® Lotus® Domino®, if prompted, select the Provision the device during the loading process option. Select the messaging server that the user account is located on.
- If your organization's environment includes the BlackBerry® Enterprise Server for Novell® GroupWise®, if prompted, select the Do not provision the device during the loading process option. After the update process completes, activate the BlackBerry device over the wireless network.
- Send the email message.